Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tea Time!

Before I left for London, my family and friends joked about how I would drink tons and tons of tea once I got to England. While some things definitely are just stereotypes, this is not one of them. Everyone drinks tea, and it's sold everywhere.

One of the perks of this is a little something called "afternoon tea," which sounds really proper and kind of reminds me of a certain scene from Titanic. Afternoon tea is served in hotels (some have ridiculously expensive menus complete with champangne like the Ritz), restaurants, and little cafes. Nebi, Jess, and I opted for one of the less classy venues but still had a lot of fun.

There are a few different tea options, and the server brings each person an individual kettle, so everyone has the type they want. Then, they bring a centerpiece-looking thing to the table filled with little smoked salmon and cucumber sandwiches and mini pastries.

It was so cute! And it was very British--a very cultured experience :)

No comments:

Post a Comment